Monday, April 25, 2016

About this Blog






Hi,

Thanks for stopping by. My name is Lynette Rees and I'm an author. I've been interested in the White Chapel Murders of Jack the Ripper for many years. I've read countless books and scoured hundreds of articles about the person in question and his victims too.

I've recently uncovered an angle that's related to my home town of Merthyr Tydfil, which during the murders of 1888 was a large industrial town which brought people in their droves to the town as the population exploded. There were many Irish immigrants here working in the iron works and pits.

There was also a notable man, Doctor John Rees Gabe, whose father owned the Lord Raglan Pub in Cefn Coed, Merthyr Tydfil. A place where the doctor once lived himself. The mysterious Doctor Gabe was one of the first doctors on the scene at the final Ripper murder, the slaying of Mary Jane Kelly, who I believe also had links to this town.

I hope you will enjoy visiting this blog and reading and commenting on the posts here.

Lynette Rees

Author of:

Black Diamonds, White Roses and Blue Skies.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lynette-Rees/e/B00JBQSQFU/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1461581407&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment